View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #125 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
dear Justin,

try an european car next time, you will write a 20,000 words paper on the same topic.

yours sincerely

alcheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
F-ing funny man

I don't get it. The OP only had a couple issues and that's unfortunate but not the end of the world. My seat cushion failed 3 weeks after standard warranty. I have the extended warranty but it doesn't cover that. I politely asked and they covered it. I paid the dealer to replace power steering and brake fluids plus perform an alignment since they already had the car and to give them business for helping me. So far it's been a good experience.

If someone wants a better warranty the pay for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
...2 yrs later...

FU tesla! You all the same!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Some people seem to get it, but I seem to have failed to clearly convey that it isn't that I had x amount of problems with my Z, it is that I've had nothing but terrible experiences in dealing with Nissan. Their refusal to cover an incorrect warranty repair is appalling (that dealership won't get my business for sure). The dealership where I get my normal service, and their employees have always been great and I would give them my business again, but not to buy from Nissan. To quote myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
I'm sorry you feel like you wasted your time reading my post. However, those replying with things like, "I've never had problems with my Nissan." or "You will have problems with xyz (or any) brand." or "A lot of people have had these problems." or "I got those covered under warranty." missed my point completely.

The point isn't that I've had problems, it's that Nissan responded poorly. As I said in my original post, I have no issues with having a mass produced, and early production car that has some issues. It's the consistently poor response (or none in the case of the steering wheel lock) from Nissan.

As I also said in my original post and subsequent posts, everyone's experience will inform them differently and I hope that you have had a better experience. I've owned lots of cars of various makes with various problems. It's the way that issues are handled that matters to me. The Z is a fairly good car, but it's let down by a company that won't stand behind it.

Last edited by Scribe; 05-15-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote