View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #158 (permalink)
ianthegreat
Base Member

Drives: 08 335i, 86 Ranger
ianthegreat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
No sir. What I will do is say that 332hp, for a NA V6, regardless of price, is DAMN good. You have your opinion, I have mine. You choose to compare the VQ to an engine that costs 4 times as much, and in doing a comparo, you compare the average engine output for its size with other cars IN ITS CLASS, by which the GT3 is not. Now back to the point at hand, also comparatively speaking, your comparing a Flat 6 against a V6, two completely different configurations, one built for efficiency and power equally, and one strictly for all out speed applications. Case in point the VQ, excellent power while having decent fuel economy. The GT3 is a race bred car, and thats it. So to say that 332bhp for a V6 is bad, i'd say you are terribly misguided sir.

n54 - 100hp/liter

vq - 89hp/liter

You can argue NA, but the VQ is quite a bit larger. Big advantage up top. While the n54 starts losing power, the VQ really starts grunting.

Last edited by ianthegreat; 11-15-2009 at 07:40 PM.