View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #69 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam1918 View Post
be thankful you didn't grow up in the 60's. I grew up in the automobile business pre "foreign" cars, pre recalls. I remember my dad was a service manager at an Olds dealer and there was an intermittent clunking sound from the rear of a 68' Olds 98 (a luxury car back then.) After numerous trips to the service dept. one of the mechanics took out the rear seat and found a ring & pinion set laying loose with a note attached from the line worker saying "I hope this f'd up your day". I got a million similar stories. The sad thing I think is all auto manufacturers have achieved the same level of mediocrity in that the US has gotten a little better while Asia & Europe has slipped. we had an A8 where the ww blades were $80. each but you got a free loaner car and treated like royalty when you went in for service. My wife currently drives a VW Toureg diesel. It's been to the dealer with warning lights flashing for low blue additive & stupid stuff like the random door locks not working....it's a car sometimes ya get lucky ...sometimes ya don't...look how often you see a Bentley or a Porsche on the back of a flatbed.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote