View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #66 (permalink)
Tazicon
Track Member

Drives: German/British cars
Tazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanker View Post
Sorry for your frustration. If you want to feel better read the BMW and Porsche forums. There are issues with all high performance cars, but at least you didn't spend over $75,000 for your car.
Having a car in that range and one higher I can tell you things happen with all makes of cars. Paying a lot for a car doesn't make it better...........just makes it hurt more when things do go wrong............

I have had good experiences with Nissan/Datsun over the years but I was dissapointed in the oil temps and the brakes on the Z. My G37 was a great car with no issues at all during my ownership. That being said I normally don't own anything other than my Jeeps for more than a couple of years. That comment about Infiniti having such a low intitial customer satisfaction rating I would love to see as the last I saw it was very high when I bought my 2011 IPL. I knew what I was getting into with the Z, and it didn't take long till I realized that even off the track an oil cooler was needed. Having the dealership try to charge me $125 a wheel to turn my rotors at less than 18K miles was a pisser since the brakes are a common problem. Took me a couple of hours and less than $50 to have the rotors turned. Anyway I loved the cars and will probably own another Nissan down the road. I owned my first Datsun in the early 80's and have owned a few Datsun/Nissans over the years.