View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples View Post
Nice review and input.

It's hard to come by here in Maryland as there are only a few public stations that carry it, all of which are 60+ miles from my location. I went the direct-port methanol route since it was more feasible option for me.

Is this car daily driven? The reason I ask, they mention E85 sitting too long in the tanks causing condensation issues. I wonder if this is a reason why the popularity isn't as high with gas stations and stricter regulations than 93 pump gas.

Thoughts?
My car is mostly daily driven. But it does sit for a couple months during winter. A couple times a year I will drive something else for a week or two when I am sick of driving a loud bumpy car with difficult clutch.

What you bring up is similar to a conversation I had with a friend who builds GT-Rs in the area. He has seen a lot of E85 damage. We concluded that it might be possible that, while my car does sit around here and there... the GT-Rs are generally much more prone to sitting for several days or weeks more often between driving sessions. The more exotic a car is, the less often 99% of owners drive them. So perhaps what you mention... the sitting and condensation is the gateway to corrosion issues with E85, and that my car just doesnt sit frequently enough to do the damage.

I DRIVE my car. More than anyone I know with a highly modified vehicle. The week that I took it out of winter storage this year, I put 1100 miles on it in the first 7 days. The next week was 800 miles.