View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Your mom is in her 70's and bought a 370Z? God bless her
I going to add that upgrading the rotors and pads might not be a bad idea before I noticed this fact. Probably not necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I agree with it probably being glazing/deposits on the rotors but you may not need to have them turned. Do a few 60-5 mph hard braking runs (don't come to a complete stop or you may compound the problem) and that may clear up the problem. If that doesn't help, take it to a brake pro - they can turn/replace them if needed.
The only reason I wouldn't bother with that is because he mentioned it happens at any speed. I had success with that method when the vibration only happens during high speed braking. My wife appears to be pretty hard on the brakes because this issue popped up around 12K miles on our Z. When I started DD the Z around 20K miles it was happening when braking from 20 mph or faster. I tried re-bedding the brakes with zero success (I might have had more success if I had done it when the issue first appeared). I ended up just replacing the front rotors and pads because I wanted slotted rotors, but turning the rotors was most definitely an option.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote