View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 04:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
SOUTHZZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z CS M6
SOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond reputeSOUTHZZ has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've experienced with my present and past Z(350),the "dealer" does
not do much of adding these options.Depending on your location,the manufacturer
has a contracted company near the port of entry that does the install of much optional stuff like spoilers etc.These companies are set up to do these installs.Don't know if they have the parts in stock at their shop or the optional parts are shipped with the car.
Give you an example.I ordered some optional stuff for my 350,one being a rear spoiler.The car
arrived at the dealer without the spoiler.The Sales Mgr told me the contractor forgot to install it.They had it shipped in(overnite) had it painted and installed at the dealer.
I learned at that time that this stuff is usually done at the near port location.
Sort of stands to reason when think about it.In today's assembly lines for mass
produced vehicles,they cannot do a lot of custom stuff.Slows things down.
SOUTHZZ is offline   Reply With Quote