View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #118 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute
Default My New Z!

Okay, this is attempt number 2 to post on here, not sure why mods has to "review" every post of mine...

Here goes again:

Bought my Z a month ago, after the transmission blew up in my '07 wrx. Moral of the story, don't buy a wrx if you actually want to push it. Had 342tq/345 hp on a blouch 20g/daily driver setup. It "was" fun, but the 5 speed is worthless. I do miss the turbo/low end tq/awd, but I won't miss the thing going through clutches once a year, and seemingly everyone trying to race. It just got old as a daily driver with the exhaust/road noise, and ACT clutch. I'll get an STi in the future once Subaru decides they want to go with Direct Injection in the 2.5ltr or roll the dice on a german car?

Long live the wrx:

So far I'm enjoying the Z!

Things I Like: People leave me alone, I can just relax and drive it. Long trips are a BILLION times more comfortable, although I am considering some KW3's, but I fear that by changing things up, I'll lose the at the limits handling compliance dialed in from the factory.

The car actually is a TON more confident at the limits compared to the wrx (had bc coils/swaybars/not excessively lowered or extreme camber/correct tire pressures). The wrx tended to go from brief understeer to oversteer when really pushed, but it seemed very twitchy. This was probably my fault with going to BC coils, and having them set to stiff...

I went with the auto as it's the daily driver. Kind of nice to just enjoy the drive now and watch other people drive crazy. So far only one lifted truck road raged on me, I let him pass. It's nice to not have a "punk kid" car, maybe I'm getting old/growing up, but it's nice to get looks/compliments, rather than kids trying to race, or cops bothering me.

I think of this car as more of a cruiser than a car that I really want to push, however there are some nice roads a few hours outside of Portland that you can actually enjoy 2-3rd gear...

I went for this color as it seems like EVERYONE has black/silver/white cars on the road already, and having sat in a new blue rx7 back in the mid 90's, I knew I had to have a 2 door blue sports car at some point in life!... a few pics:

I'll repost with some updated pics as it now has tinted windows and a clear bra on the bumper and entire hood.

By the way, I appreciate the maturity of these forums over Nasioc. It seems to be a nice step up with everyone being a lot more respectable to eachother.
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote