View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #134 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
on the posted picture with those shiny polished TB ,, I doubt there was any boring at all since there is still that OEM bump at the butterfly plate
Well we left it so not to mess with the idle. I wanted everything bigger but that 1/8th lip. But looks like nothing was done. Maxbore for $179 seems to CNC the whole thing plus a bigger butterfly. Looks like ill head that route as I know the plate is only 2.35 inch and the intake and manifold are 2.5". Makes no sense to bottle neck it.

Quote:
then next ... I hope those 2 screw holding the plate are atleast torqued down with some Red Loctite !!
stacking them is always a safe bet for this stuff !!

the reason why I'm saying this is because the plate is now thinner and not much thread holding those screws...
They were never removed. The threads of the screws stuck into the path of air flow so they were just ground flush with the rod. No material looks to be removed on the rod.

Quote:
the work on the lower intake manifold look quite good on those picture
He seem to also have done alright with the matching of both lower & upper manifold ,, could have been better since I think the lower corner were done a bit fast...
The issue is the manifold has wiggle room. Push it right and you get a over lapping, push left and the port matching is perfect. When installed you'll have remember which way to push so it perfectly smooth.