View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #35 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ I'd like to see track results before saying that with so much assurance. As much as I'd LIKE to say the MT is going to be faster, the chances (and numbers) don't really agree with it. Most drag cars are autos with manual valve bodies. And although less gears are better for high hp/tq cars, lower power cars need more gears. The AT didn't get to use all 7 speeds to it's full capability when it comes to ratios which is a shame. It would have been cool to see 6th gear as 1:1, but either way, the AT is going to be a tough race for even a good manual driver.

I consider myself good, especially for drag racing, so we'll see. My dad decided to buy an auto 370z, so we'll race and see which one is fastest. He'll probably be buying his shortly after I buy mine.