Thread: Good Deal?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #49 (permalink)
Beachhz
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Mazda 6 GT
Beachhz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Lots of variables to account for in order to provide a meaningful answer. Residual Value is one of the biggest, not to mention state-to-state variation in sales tax rates (since sales tax becomes part of the lease payment). Additionally, loan risk (relative to calculating Money Factor) is a big one. Mileage, state laws, money down, Cap Cost, length of lease...it's a long list.

Having said all that, lease payments are going to be in the $400 to $600 range, typically.

Leasing can be a good way to go for many people. You can drive a lot more car than you can buy outright because with leasing you're really only paying up front for the part of the car that you're going to use. For high mileage drivers, people who want to mod their car a lot, or people whose goal it is is to ultimately not have a car payment, a low or 0% interest loan might make more sense.
Very helpful, I'm just trying to find a decent price for a 2014 7A Sport Touring with Nav. I want to know how much I should expect to pay so I save up a certain amount for this car/down payment.
Beachhz is offline   Reply With Quote