View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #260 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Exactly. If no spacers gets me 120,000 and with spacers gets me, 115,000, that's not a big deal to me. But if no spacers is 120,000 and with spacers is 80,000, then that's huge. Thing is, the guys who put on spacers aren't typically going to be the ones jumping on the forum talking about how their bearings failed prematurely. That's the only way we are going to know.

If Nissan had only designed the car with a 1" wider stance on each side we wouldn't be having this discussion, and the spacer business would plummet.
I agree that if the wear is even 10% faster, who cares.

As for Nissan making the stance wider, (again forgive my ignorance,) but that means Nissan would have to make the axles and hubs/suspension assembly longer, not wheels wider (same question I posed in the post above)