Thread: Data Logging
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
martin82
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z MB M6
martin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud ofmartin82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to martin82

As much as having obd2, steering angle, throttle etc in your data, I'd guess 99% of people will not even use it, so a regular cheaper lap timer and datalogger is more than enough. For example:

Aim Solo DL (no obd2) about $399 I believe: AiM Sports - The World Leader in Data Acquisition
software is a bit hard to get used too at the beginning, lcd is monocrome only, predictable works well.
Qstarz LT-Q6000 will do the same as above retails same $399 LT-Q6000

The Qstarz can be had for way under msrp, vs the aim solo you are buying at MSRP.
Cons: no odb2 support
Pros: color lcd, green=faster, red=slower, predictable works well also easier to use software

Racekap G2x: tons of people run this one, very easy to see your lap times and segment if you are going faster or slower
cons: pricey but this can be found use for very good prices
Racepak Data Systems - Professional Motorsports Data Acquisition Systems

Racepak Iq3 datalooger/dash: works very well but damn expensive, this is what I run on my car along with a Qstarz lap timer.
has obd2 support ($$ for cable), and you can add any sensor you want to it ($$$), everything is programmable and has shift lights as well.
Racepak Data Systems - Professional Motorsports Data Acquisition Systems

Qstarz is one of my sponsors so if anyone wants a good deal I can hook you up with the Qstarz rep.

I found working with the racepak data is pretty damn complex so I don't do much analysis with it.
martin82 is offline   Reply With Quote