View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #411 (permalink)
Waiz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
Thanks for the response, that helps a ton as I learn more about this segment. And yup, I plan to get my butt in several cars (all auto for now) and just see how I like them.

I'll still probably lease. I am just 1 year into the Z and still paying it off. I'm not sure I need to actually own 2 brand new cars, especially since this second one isn't going to be in a garage and will be in messy weather. I kinda like the umbrella of the lease for now. If I really like it, hopefully I'll be set up to just lease-to-buy down the road. But otherwise, it's just a cost thing for now.

Added: It's really weird looking into this segment; just not something I ever thought I'd be into. But now that I'm opening up room for a DD...kinda makes sense!
I think if you plan on leasing then you should definitely stick to something Japanese which will hold it's value better by the time you decide to buy it down the road. Current offer is $139 a month for the base with $1,999 down. I would expect to pay closer to $200 for the Sport version (just guessing)

Current offers: http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx

Another thing to think about is the fact that if you plan on keeping your Z for a long time then having another car will really help to preserve your Z and will allow you to keep it longer than if you were driving it every day. You will want to consider insurance in your estiamtes too. The Fit will actually reduce your insurance cost if you call your insurance and reduce your annual mileage for your Z and if you qualify for a multi-car discount.

For me at least, if you take into account how much I save in gas every month and the savings that I received from my insurance combined with not having to pay my brother a portion of his lease in order to use his car so I can carpool to work then I actually come out ahead every month.

If you don't plan on modding the car you might also want to look into a Subaru Impreza which is what my brother drives. They are really good for driving year round and if you plan on leasing they offer very reasonable rates with little money down (not to throw a wrench into your ideas )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
My fit has everything I need to get around town. I park in parking garages everyday don't worry about dings or getting keyed. Hell this is wat beaters are for. worry free parking, worry free driving.

While my modded G and Z are at home safe and sound.
I could not agree more, I actually look forward to driving the Z when I can nowadays.

For me especially since I surf everyday the Fit comes in very handy because I can throw my soaked wetsuit and gear in the trunk and not worrry about it getting the trunk wet like I do with the Z. The beaches I go to also have a bunch of crazy hills and where that would normally mean I would worry about scraping my Z's front bumper or sideskirts I don't have to worry about it in the Fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Exactly why I got a Fit. I was in search for white, silver or even the dark grey color. I was able to find a very low mile pre-owned one at a Honda dealer in GA. Just not have 22k miles on a 2010 model. It had the same mileage as my Z originally.

It has been a great daily. I have needed to use the extra cargo space a few times now. MPG's are good. 87 octane makes it even better. Only gripes I have so far is that the gas tank could be bigger for road trips but that would add additional weight. The other is the cruise control on AT wants to shift down all the time. Put it in sport mode and then just use the paddles to downshift if needed to make it up a hill.

I've said it before but this thread with both Waizz and Kenchan is what got me seriously looking at the Fit for a daily.

I'm so glad to hear you are still enjoying your car David! I would definitely agree with your gripe about the gas tank, can get a little annoying at times but I just plan my trips accordingly.

My biggest problem with my Fit is resiting the temptation to keep modifying it The fact that I have a good friend who works at a Honda dealership doesn't help either lol

Last edited by Waiz; 05-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote