View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
As a matter of habit I always use chocks, but now I have an auto, is it still needed?
Chocks and stands are ALWAYS required when using a hydraulic jack. Unless you want 3000+ pounds of car sitting on your chest. All that stands between you and catastrophe is a cheap o-ring.

Quote:
As you can see I am researching jacks for raising the Z, for its due oil change. I noticed under the front cross member a little round spherical part that sticks out, I am assuming this is where I place the jack ?
RTFM for jack points. Something you should know in case of a flat.

Quote:
Now, shall I get the 2 ton HF or 1.5 ton HF? I was at HF earlier today, they were selling the 2 ton one for 160, I passed as they are having a memorial sale with 20 percent off, so will wait til then.
I like to get the highest rated jack that will fit the application. Some people are OK with 1.5T for a Z; I prefer at least 2T. YMMV