View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #3457 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
I have a Sig P229 in .40 caliber that I've owned since about 1997. Fantastic handgun. (It's for sale, by the way...) but it's a German frame from before the days they were made in the US.

Since then, I've been warned repeatedly by firearms trainers and Sig armorers about the quality of Sig manufacture since the changeover in 2003. Sig quality, or lack thereof, has been discussed a lot on a lot of firearms forums for several years now. Before buying a current Sig, I'd cruise the forums a lot, Google "Sig quality control", and investigate the issue.
]
I've seen the talks too. Seems to very firearm specific! On ar15.com and others the sp2022 has a lot of praise while the 556 ak style in 7.62 is a nightmare. My 556 in 5.56 is great. Zero issues.

Then there's negatives I've seen with smith m&p. two guys in police academy had jam and stove pipe issues along with my brother in law. To me I think smith is junk. Everyone has there own experiences though.

Last edited by synolimit; 05-07-2014 at 03:34 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote