View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
Pelican170
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z Nismo
Pelican170 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The original question was whether to get the base or Bose stereo. IMNSHO, the Bose is worth the extra few bucks. Is it a great system? No. But it's (arguably) better sounding than the base AND it comes with a CD changer.

Yes. Better components, especially speakers, can make a difference in how good the system sounds but, because of the inherent "crappiness" of car acoustics, you quickly reach the point of diminishing returns.

If you can perceive a significant difference between a system with "audiophile-grade" components and one with "pretty good" ones, and are willing to pay for it, then go for it. I'm just saying that most people are wasting their money if they buy great equipment and stick it in a crappy environment. It's like buying a Scarab and putting it in your two-acre farm pond.

YMMV
Yes, i agree but I do not agree that Bose is good in anyway and I dont put it in the 'pretty good" category. Ive seen comparison with "white van speakers" that outperform Bose. To me, comparing the base speakers with Bose is a lateral move and doesnt even make a difference.

With that being said, it seemed to me that the question was whether to pass up a Nismo because it doesnt come with Bose. To me, thats crazy.

Last edited by Pelican170; 05-07-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Pelican170 is offline   Reply With Quote