View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

I think the OP didn't clarify which Bose head unit he wanted votes on, the budget baseline Bose or the Navigation Bose package. I've never heard the baseline Bose so I can't testify as to how it sounds.
I've also done audio and electrical engineering for audio my entire career, faithful music reproduction is my everyday gig, designing products for audio reproduction and capture.
With all that said, I've never heard a car sound system that equalled any decent home audio system. Louder, hell yes, many times "quality" on this forum in audio is associated with SPL. Only aftermarket equipment can meet the SPL demand, so automatically Bose pre-installed doesn't meet that criteria.
Not a fair comparison if talking about SPL, which is what I think most guys use as the basis for quality.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote