Thread: Daily driver?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Gee
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB M6
Gee is on a distinguished road

I've done 5400K's in 6 weeks.

When I picked it up from the dealer I tossed my swag in the back and went for a 5 day round trip outback. C.Coast-Dubbo-Parkes-Temora-Bathurst-Sydney-C.Coast, 2000klicks just to ease the motor in.

Best thing I've done in a while. Its good to get to know the car, ease the motor in doing no more than 3000rpm and 100kph winding up and down through the gears on good roads with little stop-start traffic.

The biggest thing that annoyed me was all the "100kph limited" trucks flashing me and cramping me out along the roads outback, especially between Dubbo and Temora. Ended up pulling over more than few times to let them hurtle by at 130kph.

Look, its not the absolute number of K's . You'll get a lot more engine wear doing start-stop city congested driving with a poor run-in regime than open freeway klicks with a careful engine run in time.

I know most ppl just look at the odometer when at the dealers yard, but its a lot like just looking at just the total number of watts of a hi-fi rather than the quality of the amp (A, B ...) , the efficiency rating of the spkrs, the type of cables and so forth...

Gee