View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Shotta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z black M6
Shotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefaulter View Post
I had no idea you could do that. How would the insurance company know how much to give you unless the work is all done
In my cases with State Farm I had to get multiple quotes or at least a quote from their recommended company (which is always a higher amount then the standard reasonable cost required). They cut you a cheque for that amount. Now find a shop that has a good rep, and get a quote for repairs, don't bother mentioning insurance is paying. Just tell them you are paying out of pocket but you want the job done correctly. I have done this for 2 car claims and 1 house claim and always came out of the situation with a smile and some extra pocket change.

It's your insurance you have been paying into so if there's any "extra" to be had better to be in your pocket instead of some jack wads pocket.

I'm not sure if all insurance companies allow you to do this but State Farm does.

Last edited by Shotta; 05-06-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Shotta is offline   Reply With Quote