View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpax View Post
This isn't true. While they certainly are not on par with true racing BBK setups, I can attest that they do not melt and/or fail after one 20 minute track session. In fact, I know a couple guys that have hundreds, as in hundreds, of track hours on the stock Akebono's.
Whats this guy saying then?

I never said after 1 session they melt! I said the rubber seals melt, period. Then the sentence continued on saying I BET after a 20 min session they'd fail. Maybe its 20, maybe its 30. I wouldn't take the bet for a longer time.

Sure you can get tons and tons of use, but not all at once, you have cool down periods. I wouldn't race on these. These are track day small session brakes and as seen below, play at your own risk. I'm sure the guys you know kept it to 20 maybe 30 min sessions and not 1-2hrs like downshift. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
thats nothing. check mine out. all 4 on each front piston are now melted. heres a pic when it was just two per brake

Last edited by synolimit; 05-06-2014 at 06:55 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote