View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #61 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I think a lot of it comes down to some of your expectations. All of the parts on this car in particular can be bought and installed on your own. Then it is up to your tuner to get all the power out of them. Some of that comes with tricks that particular tuner has learned on the platform. No one is going to give out their own secrets. That would be bad business practice as then there would be no reason for anyone to have to go to them to get what only they know.

There are some good tuners scattered across the US. I am not going to ship my car to California for instance in order to get knowledge from a tuner out there that may have made further gains on the platform. It would be bad for me and other Central/East coast Z owners. But it would be great for all the West coast Z owners.
We don't all live in GA though. We need tuners and dyno's up here too.

This is what I hate about the Z community. The subi community had many hands in developing rom raider and still do to define definitions for FREE. We used the free open source tuning software and could get help from anywhere. All you needed was a $150 cable or borrow one.

Even free MANY MANY MANY!! People still go to tuners since they can't do it themselves or would even dream of trying. Uprev sucks making you pay $150-180 just to crack the ecu and since 90% of the population doesn't live in GA just share with people! If you don't have shitty customer service you shouldn't be worried about other tuners stealing your ****. People will still want to come to you for a pro tune on their car. Yes you may lose out of town business but unless you pay them $100 in gas to come to you, why be a hater when guys just want to save money? Be happy for them that they run your tune or the knowledge you gave their tuner. We are all here to enjoy the same thing and I doubt you'll see a income drop if you told your secrets. Locals will still pay and you can freely keep rapping GTR customers for $1000 plus tunes and $5000 CBE since their metal and bends must be so much better than ours for that price.