View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
It doesn't sound like its going up by itself if you're blipping the throttle. That would make the RPMs rise. Sounds normal to me.
In my case, the scenario is as follows:

Idle around 600 RPM
Lightly blip throttle to what would normally be somewhere around 1500 RPM
The needle hits around 1500 RPMs
Instead of dropping immediately, the needle seems to pause very briefly before slowly increasing to around 2500 RPMs.
It will then drop to normal idle RPMs.

I don't think it's ever done it if I tried to get it to happen twice in a row. Another weird thing is that while the temps are always hot when it happens, it's not consistent. I've had plenty of spirited driving and highway driving in hot Texas sun that got oil temps up around 240F without any issues, though it has definitely happened a few times in those scenarios when I pull up to a stoplight during the drives. But the problem has reared its head when I was just driving around town normally in the summer with oil temps closer to 210F.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote