View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
KrisL
Base Member

Drives: 2015 NISMO Tech 7AT
KrisL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
Just a few things since you've got some time:

1. The Z is a great little sports car with grand touring tendencies; it's very drivable. But keep in mind this is still essentially a car from 2009. When it came out, it outgunned the Mustangs/Camaros and gave Boxsters a run on the twisties. Since then, pretty much all of these cars have had major revisions and moved onward. The Z is still great, but keep that in mind.

2. Go out and test drive some more similar cars if you can, so you're not just being sucked into the popular dealer tactic of getting your butt in the car so you fall in love with it because said butt is not used to such a vehicle (let alone a brand new one where everything works).

Maybe see if you can check out:
Camaro v6 and v8
Mustang v6 and v8
FRS/BRZ (you'll find it underpowered, but maybe just as fun?)
Porsche Boxster (overpriced, but the butt feel might be nice, if they let you test it)
BMW M235i if they're out, otherwise 335i(x). (High price, but can seem similar)
WRX and/or WRX STI
Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Make a list of what you like about the Z and/or what you like about a car you drive, test drive alternatives that offer that, and there you go.

You'll probably come back to the Z, so...good luck!
Great feedback, thanks.

As for other cars, I dislike the Camaro. The Porsche and BMW are out of my price range at the moment. I drove the BRZ and while I liked it, it didn't 'wow' me like the 370Z did (nor do I think it looks as good). I really like the STi, but they only make those in manual and sadly I'm an automatic guy. I'll have to check out the Genesis though. Many of my friends own Mustangs, so I'm familiar with how they ride. They're nice, but I prefer the look of the Z. I figure I can always do some upgrades to the Z down the road if I crave more power (something about the sound of the blow off valve from a turbo is music to my ears).

Thanks again to everyone for the helpful and welcoming comments. Hopefully I'll have more to add to this story in the near future.
KrisL is offline   Reply With Quote