View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #248 (permalink)
Driftomodachi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 40th
Driftomodachi is a splendid one to beholdDriftomodachi is a splendid one to beholdDriftomodachi is a splendid one to beholdDriftomodachi is a splendid one to beholdDriftomodachi is a splendid one to beholdDriftomodachi is a splendid one to beholdDriftomodachi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
So that you can use all the threads in the lug to hold it on, otherwise you're only holding that wheel on with 50% (or less, I'm not sure) of the threads.

Doesn't seem safe, nor worth the risk, IMO.
Funny, you liked my post that said this:

I wouldn't replace studs for track. Track duty sees more torsional stress on the lengthened studs which can stretch or break the studs and cause the wheel to come loose or fall off.

Bolt on spacers are torqued down on the wheel and on the spacer so there is no torsional stress on the studs.

Tell me if I'm wrong
2010 40th Anniversary ll GT-R start button ll GT-R map lenses ll Plastidipped fangs and rear valence ll OEM foglight & switch ll Motordyne E370 Cat back ll Motordyne ART Pipes ll Takeda aFe Attack CAI ll Sprint Booster ll Z1 34 row Setrab oil cooler ll Z1 Motorsports M-Spec Shift Knob
Driftomodachi is offline   Reply With Quote