View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute
Default ABS with Carbotechs

So I recently installed Carbotech XP10 front and XP8 rear pads and let me just say - insane. Night and day difference from the Racing Brake pads I was using, it's easy to eat dash now!

One thing I was wondering from the other CT users out there, with hard brake application is it normal for you to get ABS engaging? I would almost never have ABS kick in with my last pads on dry pavement, no matter how hard I pressed the brakes. With these though, even on dry roads I'm getting ABS with 80% or higher application, is it because they are biting so much harder they are locking the tires?

Not a big issue either way, just curious. The squealing brakes is pretty funny as well, not something that bothers me so I just chuckle when I roll to a stop and people look over thinking 'damn dude change your pads already!'