View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadison View Post
I'm in Lubbock. Ok, so I'm a little confused about the Uprev tune. So I need to buy some equipment BEFORE I go in for the tune? I thought you just take it in and they give you the "uprev tune" and you're good to go, so what all is involved with getting the uprev tune? I need to buy a package from Uprev, THEN take it to be tuned?
You could just take it to a tuner and have them tune it and go home. The license would live on your ECU and you would not be able to remove the tune if you needed to take it to the dealer without going to see your tuner. I prefer to have the cable so I can manage the tune myself if I need to bring it in. You will pay more to have it setup this way.

As for the package/cable, I bought my license and cable from my tuner. I would call who you are thinking about bringing it to and see if they could order the cable for you. If they can then cool if not it might be better to order the package yourself and just ask the tuner what his dyno hourly rate would be to UpRev tune your car.

PM me if you want more explaination as a quick phone call is probably easier than trying to get this across in text.

Last edited by jwick; 05-05-2014 at 02:29 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote