View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadison View Post
Thanks, jwick. Can't I just get a new OEM sensor instead of risking an issue running two different brand sensors or having to buy two new ones? Does the tune void warranty?
I would just buy an OEM O2 sensor and try your luck. I just don't know if Nissan uses different suppliers.

Nothing actually VOIDS your warranty. The dealer can refuse service/warranty based on an aftermarket mod but only on something specific (i.e. your Gen3 intake rubbed a hole in your AC line - very common if not installed properly). It is against the law for them to completely VOID. The burden of proof is also on them to prove what you modified caused the failure.

So to answer your concern, yes the tune would prevent an engine failure from be warrantied. I have had many things covered under warranty post tune. Buy the Standard package from UpRev (make sure you get the cable) and ask your tuner to give you both your tuned map and back to stock map. This way tou can reflash the ECU back to stock if you have to take it into the dealer. If your tuner refuses to give you the tune map, find a new tuner.

Last edited by jwick; 05-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote