View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niche79 View Post
changed out the button in Feb I think. Yah its an easy pop out, I guess I can try that again.
If the car is cycling through the different modes (ACC, &c), then the start button is OK and the clutch sw or ESCL is bad. Since you changed the ESCL recently, I'd start with the clutch sw.

If it is not cycling, then the button/connector/wiring is (probably) the problem. If everything checks out at the button, check the connector at the ECM.

The FSM is very valuable for troubleshooting. It's a free download, so no reason not to have it handy if you do any work on your Z. Or if you just want to better understand how the car works.