View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of good, valid points made here, some not so much. I am a Superintendent for a Commercial Contractor, and we hire through the local union hall. (where I came up through). We get 20 or so guys on a job, and if they are not up to snuff, or slack off, we send them back to the bench, and pick up fresh ones. Noone is lazy, leaning on shovels, ect...... If you do, you're out. Simple as that. I have worked in open shop for many years before joining the union as well, and have seen first hand both sides of the coin. The union has changed my life for the better in many ways.
A local family owned brewery (which happens to be Americas oldest) Was a union shop since its inception, after the owner reached Billionaire staus on the backs of union labor, he built a new brewery in a nearby town, and when the union contract was up recently, told his employees that if they did not cut ties with the union, he would shut the brewery down, and put them all out of work. I know more than a few people that worked there, 2 of which took early retirement over it.
Good and bad on both sides... Don't stereotype all unions over the actions of a few. To the hard-core Anti-union, I say you're welcome for weekends off, overtime pay, 8 hour work days, and the hourly wage you now get from your employer. Without organized labor, you would have none of these things today. Open your mind, and let each man chose his own path.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote