View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
wind.zero
Enthusiast Member

Drives: NISMOSIS
wind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of light
Default Replacement Rotrex Supercharger for the GTM Stage 1 kit

Can anyone confirm with certainty that the GTM Stage 1 kit uses the Rotrex C38-81 supercharger head? I am fairly certain this is the correct supercharger.

My car was in the shop for a yearly Rotrex service (unicorn blood based traction fluid and filter) and they diagnosed what I thought was a faulty idler as a rattle/grinding noise with the supercharger itself. When the tech drained the Rotrex filter into a container it was completely obvious the fluid was full of metal remnants.

So I am weighing replacing the supercharger versus returning the car back to stock. Sorry guys but going another FI route is not in the cards for me right now. I am a little leery going the replacement route as the original lasted 34 months and 27k miles with no track time and no auto-x. This car was only street driven and it is my DD.

Last edited by wind.zero; 05-04-2014 at 11:01 AM.
wind.zero is offline   Reply With Quote