View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what to tell you. It still sounds like a bleeding issue. When you say you are gravity bleeding, I'm familiar with this as a technique for one person to bleed the clutch. Are there not two people with you? One in the car on the pedal and one under the car operating the bleeder valve? I think you know the right process but just for $hits here goes:

With the bleed valve closed, pump the clutch pedal several times (I usually have my helper do it ~5 times). On the last pump, depress the pedal fully and hold, and at the same time crack the bleed valve briefly and the close. Repeat until no air comes out. I've used nearly an extra 1L of Motul before we got it right the first time. The last time it was much quicker.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote