View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
jdsto
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Honda VFR800F 2015
jdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond repute

your insurnce company wont cover the window if it was damaged in the possesion of a garage. I would recomend the following steps.

1. get the help of your insurance adjuster to provide the documentation that the window wasnt damaged and provide this information to Pfaff. Offer them one last chance to make it right, thats what they have insurance for if they don't want to pay out of pocket.
2. If they wont do make it right take them to small claims court. It is very easy to file a claim you don't need a lawyer and you have very good documentation. Should be open and shut. If you win you do not have to let them do the work. Get the money and have it done where you want.

I would expect that they will settle and not go to small claims court it will cost them more than the window to attend court. Don't forget they need to pay your court costs if you win.

I had trouble with Pfaff VW in the past when I had my Jetta. They broke my windshield changing a wiper blade, didn't tell me and let me find it then fessed up and replaced the windshield. and on another ocasion scraped by bumper on somehting and tried to argue that it must not have been them as VW didn't use the blue that was transfered to my bumper on there cars. As if it was only a car that they could have rubbed the bumper on, who knows what they hit. In the end they did nothing but I got the worst of it buffed out.

Last edited by jdsto; 05-03-2014 at 02:45 PM.
jdsto is offline   Reply With Quote