View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #145 (permalink)
Zerocool
Track Member

Drives: '09 370z
Zerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond reputeZerocool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It definitely shouldn't be leaking from the drain plug. I assume you wiped everything down real well. When filling, it should have overflowed back out the fill hole, which can cause a mess making it difficult to detect a leak if you haven't wiped up the excess fluid.

The bushing could be failing, I guess, but I'm no expert. I don't know if the leaking fluid from a failed bushing can make it look like the drain plug is leaking. The photos I've seen certainly don't appear that way.

Here's an example photo of failed bushing
( Click to show/hide )
The diff on my gf's 370z looks just like with the oil drip streaks. Her diff oil hasn't been changed and she claims it's not accelerating as it used to.

Wondering if she has a failed bushing problem.