View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #86 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannonebr View Post
Just got back from a 1600 mile round trip, I LOVED the way the car drove, especially out in the boonies where you can open it up. Very confident at 120+ mph. But be ready to hang on when breaking fast from over 120 on a choppy road. Love the curvy roads and proving the recommended speeds for freeway on and exit ramps and clover leafs need to be doubled! Mileage was 27 mpg with real premium gasoline, 24 with stinking premium ethanol (what a rip off). Plenty of leg room, controls easy to reach and operate at driving speed, the nav system works pretty good, it found all the different addresses it plugged into it.

I do have one complaint, the drivers seat! The sides of my thighs got hammered, I could only drive for 2 hours before I could not take it any longer and had to get out. I bought a garden kneeling pad from Lowes that sets almost perfect between the thigh bolsters and that eliminated the thigh pain for the return trip, but still have some monkey butt and back ache. 6'1" 225#, 38" waist. Clearly the seats are better for those with <34"(?) waist. Has anyone had any experience with a seat and back pad for long distance driving?
Sorry 6'2 180 lbs. and 34" waist.
Nice trip and write up.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote