View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #59 (permalink)
Mozen
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z PW M6
Mozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Man, if you guys actually saw the NST shop and met Mike there is no way you'd give him a dime. It's a shady POS shop. When I went to pick up a clutch I ordered online I was shocked. There were a couple of drift beaters outside and about $11 of product in a run down strip center.
Not sure how this is relevant or even all that factual although its your personal opinion so your welcome to it. The area of town he is in is cheap to run a business from yes...especially if 95% of your business is over the internet. On that note....Its hard to keep prices down on parts and pay for an amazing facility at the same time...especially if you don't really need the fancy storefront.

Ive personally known Mike since 2009 and have had no issues with him at all. I certainly dont think that he is shady in the slightest and have left my car with him for various projects over the years.

When it comes down to quality i think of NST, i have had the NST pulleys on my car since nearly day 1 and i have logged over 45,000 miles with them with 0 issues.

I had said, when i first reviewed this, that the ssk hung slightly going into 5th from 4th but only when i pushed hard far right then up instead of going over and up quickly...perhaps that comes down to individual shiting habits? Im not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozen View Post
Shift gate engagement on mine is smooth during spirited shifting although i have found that if i really push far on it it will hang but...thats not normal shifting. I noticed as well that the AMS engagement pin that sits on the right side was heavily worn as well which makes me wonder how the NST pin will hold up as well. Ill take more pictures of the wear on the AMS this weekend and then when i follow up at 5k and 10k ill make sure to capture the wear to the NST.
In the end, after reading this thread, it seems a lot of people are just in the rage mode. The TWM knob costs 5 times more than the NST one which in my opinion is still, price for performance, the best bang for the buck on the market.

I have the NST SSK on my car and intend to leave it there. As planned, ill pull it all apart at around 5k miles and see how the wear on it compared to the wear i saw on the SSK i previously had installed.