View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #52 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Alright, rims and tires on the car. The overall look is pretty darn nice. I'm happy with the setup. I did realize one issue though. These tires/rims are only 8.5" wide all around. In the front, the offset looks perfect. In the back, they are way too sunken into the wheel well. I don't want to start with different offsets for the rear since this will kill my ability to rotate the tires (want to get the most life out of the winter rubber). Looks like I'll have to investigate spacers.

It's a balmy 60F tonight and the tires were moaning and groaning all the way home. The winter tires are really soft when it's this warm. Hopefully it cools off quickly before I burn off all the rubber! I'm driving like a grandma now.

To my surprise after taking off the summer wheels/tires, I had a nail in EACH of my rear tires. Those wide tires are just $hit magnets.

A crappy iPhone pic is included below, taken in the dying afternoon light. More pics from my DSLR to come tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0351.jpg (401.0 KB, 80 views)