View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 75 View Post
Long, but good and sobering. I think distracted driving is something that we're all guilty of at one time or another.

Years ago, while in college, I had an accident in my '86 Camry because I looked down to grab a CD to put into the stereo while driving. The person in front of me decided to make a sudden left, and by the time I looked up, I saw nothing but brake lights. Luckily, I was only going around 30 mph and was able to evasively move to the shoulder and although I couldn't stop in time to avoid hitting the car in front of me, it was a very minor impact that did little to no damage to my car and just did surface damage to the car I hit. It was a sobering experience and I learned that taking my attention/focus from the road (even for a second or two) can and will cause accidents.

I really don't get how people can just text while driving and think that it is a safe exercise.
I am replying before I read, wanted to make a note on the bold part though.
It is because they from the start of getting a phone use it while doing other tasks. Driving as much as we cram it down people's throats think it is a right to drive, it is not, so they abuse it until something bad happens. I do really wish the UK texting while driving ad could play here in the US, but it is to "graphic."

Now, back to reading the post, will reply once done.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote