View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #65 (permalink)
TheGreatOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E60 BMW M5
TheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond repute

I had to bump this one.

I've actually been looking into this more as its coming down to a "might have to sell the Z situation"

I still need to verify with the local cops here but I think its do able in the front seat.

Situation:

The wife is runinng the show at her company now, so I've been on pick up and drop off duty for daycare more. This means me driving the Z less which is dissapointing. It already sits for over 4 months during the winter.

My Issue:

I hate not driving the Z, I'm not a guy that can let it sit for 2 weeks and just look at it. Its not paid off so I'm sure that money could be better used.

We do have 3 cars. Wife has a nice X5 but my second car is a 2000 Subaru Forester. Its manual and fun but its still depressing to go from the Z to driving that more often.

Also I know I could probably still get 30K locally for the Z and I have less than 19K left on it so I'd make 11K and for sure another 5-7K back for mods that I'd bother take off. So $$ is a bit of a motivator.

Outside of the above, I'd keep it under all circumstances.

Am I crazy for wanting to put his baby seat in front?
am I being a baby about driving the Subaru if it allows me to keep the Z?

Lastly, what the heck would I replace it with. I want something manual and fun.

- 2010 BMW 5 series wagon could be cool (also rare to find)
- 2010 AUDI S5. Small back seat but hey, its a back seat
- 2006 Porsche Carerra 4S. started falling in love with these (and yes, back seat is a loose term)
- 2012 Imprezza WRX Sti - only drawback is the cheap interior and that they are everywhere and lack the uniquness ofthe Z.

Last edited by TheGreatOne; 04-30-2014 at 04:41 PM.
TheGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote