View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanker View Post
My guess is that the next Z will be more of the same.

Slightly larger engine and a lighter car due to the use of more aluminum. I still don't see Nissan introducing a turbo due to costs and warranty issues, but maybe someday they'll offer it with the Nismo Z. Nissan is still very conscience of keeping the Z affordable especially after getting priced out of the market with the 300ZX. Thus, I don't think we'll see a turbo for a while.
keep in mind Nissan has Turbo cars out there for a long time. Just because we dont get them in the US doesn't mean they dont have them. They have tons of Turbo cars in Japan.

And the Juke / GTR here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHZZ View Post
I believe Nissan will be going back to the roots of the Z with the next platform.
That is,if they are smart.The large displacement guys,weight?Who cares,add more
HP...will be disappointed.
Lets get back to a sports car.Light,great power to weight ratio.
The kicker will be an acceptable price.A new 370 loaded can cost 50k.
Rediculous.
Lightness with safety costs money.The use of carbon fiber and other composite
materials plus aluminum is needed.For sure,a turbo 4 is the answer.
Many years ago,Colin Chapman started Lotus with the light car with
the right HP.I've got a 71'Lotus Europa with a tweaked twin cam 4 that puts out
about 180hp.The total car weight is around 1,400 lbs.It would never pass today's safety
standards.Its sure not the car to let a teenager drive with the massive understeer.
But it goes...
Possibly along with a lighter package,Nissan may offer a innovation that nobody else
has.
I'd be interested.
in regards to the cost, your right, a touring w/ nav, automatic, sport w extras and convertible can be close to 50k. but a base 370z is 30k.

I would prefer Nissan cut down on the options, its a damn sports car why should the sports package be extra. everycar should have good brakes, tires, etc. Luxury items should be the only option for those who want a racer vs GT
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote