View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
hey32g
Enthusiast Member

Drives: ‘14 370Z, Black, 7AT
hey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond reputehey32g has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1910 View Post
+10

I have been driving manuals all my life and currently have my first auto with paddle shifters. They have provided nothing but fun for me all the while being convenient. In fact my current vehicle has been my favorite car up to date. And I'm sure the auto will be just as fast if not faster up to triple digit speeds making this an even easier decision for me. I am officially done with manuals....unless I decide to pick up a Viper in the near future.
I'm going to test drive both this weekend, but here's my question. Maybe you (or anyone) can help me with this. I've also driven manuals all my life, but this time I wanted the paddle shifters. I know this isn't a DSG like in an M3 or an Audi, but I want to know if it will ever interfere at all. If I'm using the paddle shifters, will it shift for me at some point? I don't want any interference, I want it to shift up or down only when I do it. Is that possible in the Z, or do I need to stick w/ the 6AT? I know with the DSG cars, it only shifts when you tell it to, other than going back into first when you come to a stop.

Thanks.
hey32g is offline   Reply With Quote