View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Z1Performance
Base Member

Drives: 350Z
Z1Performance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
The Focals tweeters are harsh?? Thats not good...The Z is very small inside and the tweeters are kinda close to the ears, thats not a good combo if they hurt your ear. I love mid bass, the kind that does not sound like it is working to hard or bottoming out. I want some comps that have some good mid bass and can handle some lower bass as well or at least mix well with a sub. I dont like hard hitting bass that makes my head hurt "Advil". Just want it clean sounding, im done with all that loud ***, rattle my ear drums off stuff. One sub is all I need. And I can't stress enough how much I love low low hitting bass. I think some of this has to do with tuning it right???

You have to keep something in mind

Your amp selection has as much to do with the overall sound as your speaker choice. Some amps are warmer sounding than others, for example. Same goes for headunits. Some are more musical than others, for a variety of reasons. The mounting of the speaker also has everything to do with the stage and overall imaging you get. Are their tweeters brigher than some? Sure...and less bright than others

My setup is very very simple - one amp (6 channel that I run bridged), Focal Utopia 6.5's (2 way), and a single 10 inch Seas Lotus sub in a very small box in the spare tire well (350Z). I've owned, built, and heard tons of systems ranging from low to ultra high end, and I am extremely pleased with mine

Listening to ANY of them on a soundboard is going to tell you zilch - you need to check out people's installs, and take notes on the full system details before reaching a conclusion
Z1Performance is offline   Reply With Quote