View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tweek
Base Member

Drives: Not a Z :(
Tweek is on a distinguished road
Default Help me understand..

EDIT: Below relates to Bose + Nav.

I've been scouring the forums on this topic, and read through the Bose topics on hand, but there's a couple of things that I don't get.

Now, to preface this, I am an audiophile. Like not just a little bit of an audiophile, but audio / mastering engineer + hifi nerd audiophile plus PA speaker builder etc.

Now.. I seem to read that the popular opinion is that the Bose speakers would have inline crossovers somewhere along the path of the cable runs, however not where the speakers are. That doesn't really make any sense whatsoever from a maintenance POV, nor cost efficiency.

Has someone actually found the crossovers? Any ?

When I get my Z this summer, the first thing I do after I drive it home is install a Dynaudio system in it, and I'm trying to wrap my head around why I couldn't just cut the cables before the Bose amp, wire them into a processor and to amps.

And the above is where the first part comes in. What would make sense, is that the crossovers would be integrated in the Bose amp, not inline somewhere along the path. But I digress, as I don't have experience with this car.

Anyway, can anyone confirm 110% certain, that the crossovers are indeed inline, and possibly even know where they are located?

Thanks a bunch if anyone knows!
Tweek is offline   Reply With Quote