View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
deftoneZ
Base Member

Drives: 04 350Z Touring
deftoneZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
I just traded my 2011 for a 2014 over the phone without even setting foot in the dealer 90 miles away. It was the most amazing car-buying experience I've had.

I solicited from Nissan's website "Request a quote" function. Three out of four dealers responded within hours. Ironically, the one that blew me off is my own local dealer, 20 miles away. Long story short, within three days I had pricing on various vehicles. The best price I got was from a dealer 90 miles from here, from whom I also happened to buy my wife's Murano 2 years ago. They gave me a trade-in price on my old Z, found the Z that I wanted at a dealer 500 miles away, and a purchase price on that new Z. I gave him money down via credit card. They brought the new Z to my house on a flat bed car-hauler and took my old Z away. We did the paperwork at my kitchen table.

They trusted me on my description of the old Z, and I didn't let them down. I did spend some time on the phone and via email with the salesman, with whom I dealt before on the Murano, and with the finance guy to make sure the paperwork was OK. The home delivery part of it came from the fact that they wanted to conclude the deal by March 1, and me driving down there was made impossible by a surprise snowstorm making that impossible. Anyway, worked out well for both of us. I was very pleased with the pricing and tickled to death with the customer service. I did write them a $200 check for the car-hauler delivery to my garage, but they actually sent that back to me saying it was unnecessary.
That is really awesome!
deftoneZ is offline   Reply With Quote