View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #56 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab864 View Post
As a different option... I tried the rhino ramps too but they scooted across my garage floor so I bagged that idea and invested in a really high quality set of jack stands. They are ESCO brand and have a rubber pad on the top, really heavy pin locks, and have a 6K capacity each. They were expensive but the car is extremely stable on them. I put my floor jack with a modified hockey puck under the front jack point and lift one side of the car. I set both jack stands on that side, then go to the other side of the car, lift and set both jack stands on that side of the car. It takes me about 5 minutes and the entire car is off the ground. And it's rock solid... I'd have no problem sleeping under there. Just another option.