View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Ummmmm... For right now let's say I sit in my car for long periods of time and watch movies. It will be just one battery eventually. I have to get my alternator situation sorted (20% UD Stillen crank pulley, and I just ordered a 10% OD alternator pulley to help keep the volts constant at stops)
Might be easier to hook up a battery charger whilst watching movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
I assume that the battery that has the fuse gets the protection? Should I take the fuse out when I do eventually go with 1 battery?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean remove the fuse (or fusible link) between the two batteries when using just one battery then it would be a good idea to remove the fuse but not really necessary if your wiring is done properly (and you insulate the end that came off the back battery). If you use only one fuse, I would put it close to the front battery; this will help protect the front battery, and the car in general, in case of a short in the inter-battery cable. If you have a short, you may kill the back battery but the car itself should be safe.