View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
And will I be over stressing anything?

I'll have a 250A fuse between the 2 batteries (the internet suggests one at each end of the same wire within 1 ft of each battery, not being an electrician, I don't understand the logic behind that), but will there be any risk to anything because the CCAs will be much higher?
What are you doing that you need two batteries?

For the high-current wiring between batteries, it's a good idea to put fuses on both ends in case you have a short in the middle of the big cable between batteries - with one fuse, one of the batteries would not be protected.

Theoretically, each battery will supply half of the current. Of course, in the real world, it usually doesn't work out that way but, with the proper size wiring, shouldn't be too far off.