Thread: Plastidip help
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 04:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
cruzthepug
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Touring
cruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Never heard of that. Coats should be light then thick. 3-4 works best. What you might be describing though is like a fuzzy coat? That means you're to far away. Laying thick is ok/better long as it doesn't run.

And PS coats only take 10 minutes. If you use a hair dryer they take about 20 seconds!
What should the finished product feel like? I've been in the paint finishing (not automotive) industry for 30 years and got a good idea of how to apply coatings. It's not dry sprayed, I applied even wet coats. I guess I was expecting a hard slick finish. I can't imagine anyone using this on body parts, unless the glossifier gives it a slick finish, I would think this rubbery feel would be hard to keep clean.

I'm going to spray something else this morning while finishing up the front wheels to see if I get a different result. I'll use coats so thin that they are transparent and build up.
cruzthepug is offline   Reply With Quote