View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #1312 (permalink)
m3chhawk
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z SPT 6MT BLK
m3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09nismo498 View Post
Well my car is FINALLY done. My life has been chaotic the past couple months to say the least! Finally got around to finishing the kit up tonight. Pretty happy with everything. Only 1 issue came up. When I started it up I noticed an oil leak from one of the oil line fittings. Sent sasha an email and pic of it, so as soon as thats fixed, it will be ready to hit the road. With his customer service I shouldn't be waiting long, I just can't wait to drive it!

1 question for you guys... Anyone running the black waste gate springs? I put those in, and I'm running the base tune for about a month or so. Instructions say to use the yellow springs, but I figured I would just go a tad higher lol. Shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think since the base tune runs so rich anyhow
I've got somewhere between 1500 and 2000 miles on the base map and haven't had a hiccup yet. I would feel comfortable on the base map at 10 psi and have considered making the switch until I get tuned.

Given that it is in fact a base map, the actual boost will vary significantly based on your car setup, and RT told me "it's not tuned for for full throttle", I wouldn't recommend anything over the yellow spring without a wideband and a boost guage. One of these gauges should also have an audible warning because at 500 HP you are going to struggle to keep an eye on both and the car pointed in the right direction all at the same time.