View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #494 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
I bought an Onkyo a few years back. It works well. Probably the best bet is to do the review thing. I have done a little businees with Crutchfield (expensive) but they have good advice. A link to that
Home theater receivers buying guide

Then check out some of the comparisons.
AV Receiver Reviews | Audioholics
Best AV receiver reviews and picks - Engadget
Home Page | Sound & Vision

I guess the real question is, are you just looking for someone to tell you what to buy or do you want information so you can pick?

The former, I have an Onkyo, it rocks, buy one of them.
The latter, well, that's all that other info...

Hope this helps.

jk
Thanks for all the help!

I did end up doing all of this research myself and decided on getting the Denon AVR-X1000. For only $300 brand new, it's hard to beat. Thought about getting something with 4K compatiability, but I'm better off waiting a couple years for 4K tech to be better established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
Hey blades, I've always had Yamahas. Im currently using a Yamaha integrated with a PS3, PS4, Apple TV, and digital cable, I have a surround sound theater system too, but I havent hooked it up yet.
Shocking!
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote